Sunday, June 23, 2013

March 18

Hannah. I laughed way hard at your #hannahprobs. Not the problems themselves but your reference to them in the subject of your email. :) You will do great things in this world:)
Mom said she liked my insert from my letter to president the other day and since it saves on time I thought I would do it again... and then I wrote it in Portuguese... so I'll stick it in at the end and if you get bored you can try to work it out. Maybe google translate can help? I don't use very complicated Portuguese.
 
Good luck with the interviews dad. I'll be praying for you. You are definitely a blessing to the ward, and I am glad as always to have a dad who always does what the Lord asks of him:)
 
As always, p-day letter reading and writing time is one of the most inspiring times of the week. It's a time for me to review all of the things that have happened this week and what I've learned and hear about the best and worst and just details that stand out to everyone that I love! I really appreciated the quote that mom sent me "The Lord said he would give us the words in the very hour what we should say... If the time isn't right their not going to remember anyway." I don't think there is anything that could be more comforting to a missionary. Some days, after rejection after rejection you start wondering if you're doing something wrong. Clearly we can always be improving and always should be, but that promise of the Lord's to give us the words we need wasn't dependent on our personal organizational skills or speaking skills or studying abilities or anything else. It was dependent on our efforts to treasure up his words by studying and living and doing all that we can to make it a part of who we are. And his other promises I have come to realize are the same. They are generally connected to commandment. If you pay tithing you will probably learn how to budget and will have a better ability to take care of the things you need, but the blessings of tithing are present long before we learn how to budget or be better. They are short term and long term. They come immediately because of power of the Atonement to make up the difference in our lives, and they come over time as the Atonement changes who we are.
 
I love you all. Fight the good fight.

Steph

p.s. Nos tivemos um pesquisador marcado por baptismo esta fim de semana que deixou de fumar por 18 dias já, mas ainda não um testemunho forte da restauração, Joseph Smith, ou o Livro de Mormón. Então nos esperamos a ensinar dizimo por mais tempo que nos devíamos. Quando nos ensinamos, não foi muito bom e não foi muito mal-- ele disse que cumpriria mas depois quando estava sozinho ele ficou um pouco confuso e chatiato com tudo. Então ele começou a beber e fumar de novo. Ele falou connosco no telemóvel e explicou que ele não estava muito bem e depois perdeu o telemóvel e nos não conseguimos falar com ele novamente. Depois todos nossos compromissos caíram e nos oramos que ele pode ser protegido até ele pode ter oportunidade a entender este mandamento e que nos podemos sentir do paciência e perdão que Cristo sempre tem para nos e para ele. E depois nós o encontramos na rua perto da capela e fomos lá e esta vez, ele entendeu dizimo--porque o ESPÍRITO estava la--nosso ensino foi mais ou menos ou mesmo, mas o espírito foi diferente. Tambem, por meio desta experiencia (não sei como exactamente) ele entendeu que ele não está a buscar uma resposta mesmo. Eu sou grata que o Senhor pode usar nos mesmo com nossas fraquezas para fazer este trabalho.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment