Sunday, June 23, 2013

April 2, 2013

Ola familia!
Transfers happened yesterday, so sorry you didn't here from me. But all is well, I have a new companion (Sister Vernon) and the lovely Sister Campos went to my first area, Quinta do Conde. Funny how that happens. Also, an Elder I met yesterday during transfers played football with David. Life is funny and the world is small.
I was\am a little nervous about Sister Campos leaving and me being the one who knows how to get around and knows the investigators and members here and everything and the responsibility that implies (as small as it is), but my new companion is really great. She immediately started asking questions and talking about goals that will really really help this area and already helped me feel a bit more focused and not so flustered. So I am already excited for what we are going to be able to do this transfer. Also, she's from New York and knows Elmira. Small world.
This last week has been one of pequenas milagres. One to see how much the Lord has and is blessing me and those around me. The Lord gave me answers to all of my questions before I even realized the questions. One of our investigators finally had a bit of time off and in this short bit of time that she was able to give more of her time to the Lord, receive an answer about the Book of Mormon and begin to realize how important it is to give our time to Him. One of our eternal investigators finally had that lightbulb moment of "oh, I actually want to get baptized, this actually is a great blessing for me!"
Also, General Conference is this weekend!
I wish I could give everyone the excitement that I feel to be able to hear the words of a living prophet, in our own language! I don't know how to impress on people the knowledge that God is speaking to His children, that all the answers they need in this moment are right there, they just need to take a bus a half hour away and sit for a couple of hours and listen and they will have answers to what they need! How amazing is that! and how amazing it is that its to big a trouble for so many people to get out of bed on Sunday to go hear.
I love you all and I know that this gospel is true. That we have prophets on the earth today and that God is doing a marvelous work and a wonder in our day and age!

No comments:

Post a Comment