Sunday, June 23, 2013

June 17, 2013

DAD!!!! I love you sooooo sooooo soo oooo much!!!!

I hope you still have that pocket watch.
A. because pocketwatches make everyone classier.
2. because you probably need to know what time it is a lot of the time.
And III. because its true! you are the best dad (or whatever other derivative of that is on there).
~
Ola family,

Hope all is well in the good ol' US of A.
 
I am well. I am happy almost all of the time and almost all of the time means like 98% of the time. And then every once in a while things feel really hard. and then I learn stuf like this: I think that maybe part of it is just so that I can know and remember that I am only even happy because the Lord is supporting me. He leaves me to feel my own strength and feelings every so often so I can just remember and be grateful for all that He is doing and build my trust in Him that all these impossible things are possible through him.
 
You remember that one time when my mom was trying to decide if she was going to do all of those classes or not because it just seemed completely impossible and then she remembered that she could even do one class alone and so she then decided that she should just do what Heavenly Father wanted because he could make it work out better than she could anyways.
 
I feel like its like that. In order to help me have the faith in Him to get through harder things and do bigger things, He lets me just break down in my own strength\weakness so that I can see that He is already working miracles in my life. To get people to church or change someone else's heart and mind and life is no more of a miracle and no harder for Him than to touch mine and give me the strength and happiness that I feel every day. How amazing is that! Heavenly Father loves us so much.

And I love D&C 84:88 "And whoso areceiveth you, there I will be also, for I will gobbefore your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my cSpirit shall be in your hearts, and mine dangels round about you, to bear you up."
 
And guess what I found out about that scripture, those angels are angels literally, and our ancestors and future family, but what I hadn't really realized before this last transfer is that they are also our companions and friends and just nice people on the street. I am so grateful for the other sister who live in my house who are my angels with a comforting word and hug and just love (or cookie dough) when we get home from a long day. And they are inspired friends who email you or send you a letter just on the right day. and Elders who are randomly in your area to put a smile on your face by smacking each other in the face with their ties after a string of rejections.
I'm sorry that I don't write down during the week all of the stories during the week that I wanted to tell you and then I just write about nothing when I get to the computers.

The title of the email is a quote from Sister Brooks after we came home and told her about my companions first experience with an evangelical prayer (they like to start whispering in the middle of your prayers).
 
Other random thoughts:
The ninety year old lady who goes walking every morning while we're running and yells after us about how crazy we are for running every morning.
 
Moss on everything.
Every morning: I can't believe I'm leaving the house with my hair like this.
Our recent convert bearing her testimony to the ward in gospel principles about how happy she is because of the gospel.

And I love you all so so so much! You have no idea how much I really truly genuinely mean that and FEEL that every week.

Fight the good fight and stand up for the truth.

You are loved by the most powerful, glorious Being in the universe. He's our father. (That makes father's day pretty special. You have that same role of being my father, Dad. and I really really appreciate that. That you honor your priesthood and my mom. and that I've never had to doubt that you would do whatever Heavenly Father asked of you or if you loved us and mom.)


Have a wonderful week.

Steph\Sister Lofgreen

No comments:

Post a Comment