Sunday, June 23, 2013

June 11, 2013

I love tender mercies. They make it all so much more possible. Just a little added proof that Heavenly Father really does know and care about what's going on.
And thanks for sharing them.
In contrast, the hard times also make us so aware of Heavenly Father's presence in our lives, if we let them. I have had the most wonderful week of hearing and feeling of people's testimonies of the power of Atonement to help us overcome hard times, of the power of the Spirit as a comforter, and the personal nature of Heavenly Father's love for us. (It makes me a little nervous when things like this happen for fear of what's coming next, what Heavenly Father might be preparing me for.. haha) But really, there are so many amazing people around me who have such amazing testimonies of this, such strong witnesses of the power the Savior has to lift our burdens and to sweeten our sorrows. Because through them we come to rely on Him and come to know him and then we can understand a little better Matt. 17:3 "This is life eternal, that they might know thee, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." I am absolutely certain that learn to rely on them we feel the joy that is promised to us for this life and the next. And when we serve them, we come to know them, because they are always working by our side when we are employed in their service. And so one day when we go back to see them again, they will be familiar to us.

Thanks mom, for your constant reminders to work, because I feel like in this area I have been applying my self better and more and I have definitely been happier in my service here than in any time before, and I have definitely felt my testimony strengthened here even more than in any time before.

And Dad, thanks for the update on the move. It seems like one of the first updates I've gotten about what's really going on with that. Which I guess isn't really a problem since its not what I want to be thinking about all the time. but its still nice to know. But sincerely, every single one of the stories you had to go with each one of those houses sounded super sketchy... haha. I know you guys love Lehi 2nd ward, but please don't move to 'slumville' as Dad put it.... unless, of course, you really felt like that's where Heavenly Father said he wanted you to be, in which case it would all be ok and He would protect you. (Actually that makes me think of when I was sitting in conference listening to the talk from... somebody... and he talked about one time when a family called him to know what ward needed a good family, and I thought, yeah, my parents would absolutely go wherever Heavenly Father needed a good family to help out. Luckily Heavenly Father also wants the best for us too, so we never have to choose between one or the other. He always does both.)

Also, at one point this week, we passed an investigator to the other sisters and I was talking to them about him and that I was so happy that he was going to quit smoking and get baptized and go to church and my dearest sister Brooks said to me "that's so great! because it means you really love your investigators!" and I was like ´you know what? you're right!´ and it seems like nothing, but it was really a big lightbulb happy moment for me to know that Heavenly Father is really changing my heart and helping me to love these people that I barely know. He's so amazing how he knows our hearts and our fears and our strengths and our weaknesses so well, that he can answer our questions and soothe our fears, sometimes before we are even aware of them enough ourselves to recognize that they're there.

Sorry about the english, I know its all weird..


But I love you all so very much!
Have a wonderful week!
Fight the good fight!

Steph\Sister Lofgreen

p.s. Jeremy, any news on the internships? or school plans? (or that one girl who doesn't like az..)

No comments:

Post a Comment