Sunday, September 29, 2013

June 24, 2013 Letter About Love

Hey mom and dad and Jeremy, Hannah, Paul, Tom, Will and everyone else who is family. 

Katy sent the most amazing email this week, and several other people too; it just made me so happy to see how people I love are growing and changing and just becoming more truly the best version of themselves.

In church on Sunday, we talked about Pres. Monson's talk from October's Gen. Conf. about seeing people as they may become, and I love that talk so much, but when we were talking it kind of sounded like people were saying we should just see people as we want them to be and expect it and then they will change into what we want them to be. And that's not it at all. We don't want to just change people into what we want them to be. We want to change people into being more truly themselves, we want to develop the gift of discernment to help others discover within themselves the amazing traits and potential that they have and help them have a desire to be greater and bigger and better and more the versions of themselves that really truly loves God and others. We want them to see who they really are--sons and daughters of God--and grow and develop those qualities that are most important. 
but anyway, I'm getting sidetracked. The point I was going to make was that in response to her awesome letter I wrote the following and I decided that i wanted to share those thoughts with all of you so I am just going to send it to all of you too:

"My dear dear Katy,
Did you know that you are amazing!?
I hope so, because you are. And I am so glad that you are feeling so much love for the people, for your family, and most of all for the Lord. I love seeing how all the people I love are learning and growing and changing and coming closer to the Lord, and learning to trust in Him and feel of his love and influence more and more every day. And I am more glad than anything that you know that the Lord loves you with out a doubt and that that love really can make all the difference. 
These were my scriptures of the day: D&C 6--He knows us.
We just need to know who we are like He knows us and then know who He is and trust in Him. 
And then if we still doubt:
He is always there for us, and He is always so patient. 
I love the scriptures so much better than my own words sometimes. so sorry that most of this email is just scriptures, but I guess I'm not sorry because the scriptures are better anyways. 
Have a wonderful P-day! (and I might come back and write more later, we'll see.)
Love you so much!
Steph\Sister Lofgreen"

14 Verily, verily, I say unto thee, blessed art thou for what thou hast done; for thou hast inquired of me, and behold, as often as thou hast inquired thou hast received instruction of my Spirit. If it had not been so, thou wouldst not have come to the place where thou art at this time.
 15 Behold, thou knowest that thou hast inquired of me and I did enlighten thy mind; and now I tell thee these things that thou mayest know that thou hast been enlightened by the Spirit of truth;
 16 Yea, I tell thee, that thou mayest know that there is none else save God that knowest thy thoughts and the intents of thy heart.
20 Behold, thou art [Kathryn], and I have spoken unto thee because of thy desires; therefore treasure up these words in thy heart. Be faithful and diligent in keeping the commandments of God, and I will encircle thee in the arms of my clove.
 21 Behold, I am Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I am the same that came unto mine own, and mine own received me not. I am the light which shineth in darkness, and the darkness comprehendeth it not.
22 Verily, verily, I say unto you, if you desire a further witness, cast your mind upon the night that you cried unto me in your heart, that you might know concerning the truth of these things.
 23 Did I not speak peace to your mind concerning the matter? What greater witness can you have than from God?

No comments:

Post a Comment