Sunday, September 29, 2013

July 22,2013

Hey family!!! I'm sorry that I didn't really get a real email written this week! I just wrote more to more people individually, so I'm osrry about that, but I would like to copy and paste some random things from some random places that I liked and call it my own, pode ser? Fixe.
Things I learned from people this week:
Fight the good fight.
Missionary opportunities come up for everyone and the more ready we are the more we will be able to recognize them and meet them.
"I have been thinking lately about how many times God has lifted me to be able to do what is required.  I am so grateful for my years in school and then even this past year.  I do know that all things are possible with God. I am so grateful for this knowledge.  I am so grateful for your great example.  Keep the faith and try today to listen to the spirit as He tells you who to help." --not just what to do, but WHO to help. I liked that. and I'm glad that I know that my mom knows the gospel's true.  Even if I don't always have the testimony of that buried deep down in my soul the way I want it to be, I do know with out a shadow of a doubt that you know it. like that scripture about the stripling warriors. They knew their mothers knew it. If we can rely on the faith of our mothers, I think I will make it :)
Things I said that I want everyone to know:
Fight the good fight.
Me and my companion had some nice bonding experiences this week and I really felt the confirming presence of Heavenly Father telling me : See, I really did know what I was doing by sending you here and putting you guys together and giving you the talents and the weaknesses and personality that you have.
I like to know that God really does know me and He really does love me and value my gifts and abilities and talents enough to use them in his service.
Sorry this is really really short, but I love you all so much and there's always next week!

Steph\Sister Lofgreen


Mom!
You are the greatest most loving mother I could ever hope for in the world. . . and I'm turing into you a little bit in some ways that I don't like, like thinking that everything is my fault and taking responsiblity for way more than I could reasonably be accountable for, but I hope if that is becoming a part of me, maybe I am becoming a little bit more like you in one of a thousand other ways that I want to be. Like willingness to put faith into action. Remember when you decided you were going to go get a job and you had all these goals for youself and were taking those classes from the church place and going to talk to Bishop Ship and Jeff Edwards and applying for so many jobs in the world and just doing so many things and I was just like what? How do you just get a job? Well, that idea of just going and doing things that you have shown me so many times in my life, to just be a problem solver, I finally get where you learned that since being on the mission-- sometimes you just have to go do things. And I'm grateful to see how mission experiences have contributed to some of the amazing things that I have learned from you. Because now I know that it will really truly have an effect on my kids, cause your mission had an effect on me.

Last week, Sister B started reading me a literary offering she received from one of her old teachers. Guess who? Zack Hutchins! Funny right! And guess what the literary offering was: To My Dear and Loving Husband by Ann Bradstreet.
It made me really really happy because it made me think of you.

Mom, I am so so so grateful for the many things that you have taught me and that you taught me just now as I read that letter. I am grateful that because of you I know that with God all things are possible. Even if I don't always have the testimony of that buried deep down in my soul the way I want it to be, I do know with out a shadow of a doubt that you know it. Like that scripture about the stripling warriors. They knew their mothers knew it. If we can rely on the faith of our mothers, I think I will make it :)
Don't ever for a moment forget how much I love you and how proud I am to have you as my mother. :)
I will keep praying for you to know what to do about the house and the move and the family and all of these things. I will pray that you and dad will be able to feel united in the decisions that you are making, because no matter what happens if that's true, it will work out. and even more, if you can feel at peace with Heavenly Father with the choices you are making it will work out. so I will pray for you both to know what to do for yourselves and the family.
I love you so much.
Love Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment