Saturday, October 27, 2012

10/27/2012


Dear family,
I just got back from the temple! (I love that we get to go to the temple every p-day.) We did initiatories today, and it was just what I needed to remember how much Heavenly Father loves me.
Last night I had a small moment of feeling a bit down where I just want to cry for no apparent reason, and I just wasn't feeling super capable. It didn't last long, those moments have really been so much less discouraging in the MTC than they have in other parts of my life in the past. But nonetheless, Heavenly Father still remembered that I was a bit down and my time in initiatories was enough to complete reverse the effects of those feelings. Along with re-reading the last half of D&C 1 starting with the verses I read in my farewell talk about the Lord teaching the nations and accomplishing His work with the small and weak things of the world.
Katy/ Sora Macdonald left for Romania this week. On Monday actually. I miss seeing her face from time to time, but I am sooooo excited to hear what Romania is like and for her to be able to get out there and actually teach the people there! In her place (sort of but not really) my companion's friend from Wales arrived! Her accent is so great, as is her Welsh flag. It filled me with joy when I saw it in her room. I am unable to communicate to her how much I love Wales (not whales), having no real reason for it, and so I end up just not really being able to talk to her at all since all I can think about when I'm talking to her is the thousand random facts and things that I love about Wales.
Request! I know you're busy, but I would really love to have a copy of my father's blessing from this year. 
I really love you guys writing me! It makes me happy to be able to see a little bit of what's going on in your lives.

The timer on this thing is really not nice. I logged out to make a list of all the things that I was thinking of to say, and even though I closed out of the program, it kept counting!!!
Meanieface.
Anyways, pictures. I have some, we just have yet to figure out how to get them onto a computer and with the extremely limited computer time its been difficult to be able to find any time to figure it out. We figure we will go ask a tech-y person in 2M later. So sorry about that. Also, if you wanted to... you could send me a picture of the fam. I didn't even think about it when I left, but I would like to be able to show my companions what y'all look like.
Hannah- I totally know what you mean about fairytales and the plan of salvation. I think I had the same sort of revelation about man's innate desire to tell stories that mirror the structure of the Plan of Salvation. And I would use that everytime people tried to tell me how tragedies are so much more realistic than comedies. I will probably write you more about it later, but I got really excited that you had the same sort of experience with that as I did.
Most of all, I just wanted to tell each of you, Mom, Dad, Jeremy, Hannah, Paul, and Tom, and Will---cause I think about this with each of you individually-- that I am so so so grateful for the assurance that Heavenly Father has given me time and time again (in my heart as well as in my setting apart and my father's blessing) that He is watching out for you guys, especially while I'm away. And I thank Him every night that I know that He knows you and loves you better than I do and I do my very best to trust that He will bless you while I'm away. So look for it! Cause I know with everything that I have and am that He is and that He really really really loves all of us. And I am so grateful for that.
Can you believe that I have almost been here for a month? I can't. Every day feels like 5, but the weeks are flying by! It's crazy all those things people said were actually true! haha. And the time will go even faster for all the new missionaries arriving in January, because they are shortening the time that everyone stays here.
Well, time's up. I love you all so much and can't wait to from you!
Sister Lofgreen!

No comments:

Post a Comment