Monday, February 18, 2013

vou ficar por 6 mais semanas!

Ola familia!!

I am sticking around in Loule, which is really great because I would be sad to leave and because I still have yet to take any pictures of the lovely little streets and general ambient here. Last night the Elders called us about transfers and told us that we would both be leaving and that they would be putting 4 elders in the area and they told us our new areas and companions and everything and being the gullible person that I am I started making a list of all the things I needed to write out for the elders to do when they got here... and it wasn't true. But it was actually really cool because I realized how sad I would be to leave and start all over in a new branch with a new companion and new investigators and everything. And now we are all excited to stay here. So it was good. :)

Hannah! Happy Birthday!!!!! 17! what the heck! it's not possible. You can't be 17 yet. Send me pictures from sweet hearts. I want to see :)
Also, I love your letters and I love that you are having so many opportunities to serve the people around you. I always just want to take the simple, crystal clear nuggets of truth out of your letters and implant them into the lives of the people that I meet here in Portugal (and I should probably start with my own...) I hope you don't mind if I just share this part with everyone:

"Heavenly Father has helped me so much this week, mostly by showing me how to serve the people around me. At the beginning of the week I thought that I was getting no help at all, but after talking to the seminary principal I can see that God has been guiding me a lot. I just don't recognize it because its all for other people and not me. Thinking back on it now, I realize that getting spiritual revaluation telling you how to help others is much better than getting it to tell you how to help your self; because it allows you to serve others and learn what you need to learn."

Sometimes I think I need to remember that the Lord usually works that way. Preach My Gospel tells us to study for our investigators and I think that's one of the reasons. If we want to be taught by the Lord we can't be selfish, and sometimes I just want to hear what will make me feel better or what will answer my questions in my time. But if we are thinking about others we will find the things that we need for ourselves too-- the things we need in order to be the best tool for the Lord that we can be. And consequently, the happiest we can be too. 

And mom, who knew that your selling skills would be just what I needed to help my investigators commit to living the things they are learning and feeling--I think that they will really make a difference this week. We'll see. :) I'll let you know how it goes. 

Dad, I can't think of a better more simple testimony to give than just "I'm going to go pray." Always your actions speak louder than words and I never ever could or can doubt your willingness to do whatever the Lord asks of you. 

Paul, Tom, Will, and Jeremy. Hope everythings going well. :) I love you each so so so much. More than you know. I hope you can feel it. 

I am so glad I have the family that I do! You are amazing. I wish I had a chance to hear grammie's talk. I didn't get a chance to read it last week so I will print it out this week and read it at night or something some time this week. I love how strong the individuals in our family are. Still no one has mentioned where Johnny is going to serve.

Well I'm pretty much out of time... But I love you all so much!

Have a great week.

Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment